Intrinsic

Beauty, so they say is in the eye of the beholder, and observation lends some strong evidence to support this view. For I have seen in my time, dear reader, things of strange persuasion, which in my mind's eye, when peered upon offer up little in the way of encouragement, skill or beauty. Yet once placed upon the open market command exceptional price from those who would offer and pay. It can seem to me, strange, nay, sometimes......... offensive that such large amounts of money, which for most in this world would represent severe and hard toil, can be so squandered upon something apparently bestial or mundane.
And while my offence at such transactions can be blamed upon supposed righteous anger, of the evils of the world which could have been so expunged had this money been redirected. It would be more truthful, though painful to admit that the greater part of my ire, stemmed from simple jealousy, that others resources so far outweighed my own, leaving them this choice denied to me.
But truth is twice hard-hitting, when to charge of jealousy, selfishness can be added. What resources I do have could be sold themselves to allow me to purchase one item if I so desired. I am reticent, however to offer all I have for any one thing.
Yet pause has been given to me to reconsider and understand this dilemma. For I have witnessed in the soul of man, what change can be wrought, when a human so..... low, bedraggled dis empowered and dispossessed is viewed without calumny, but presented instead, with an understanding that someone else in this world perceives them as having value.
I have watched young men, stuttering, unsure and craven become like princes of old. Simply when encouraged to do so, by the look or the word of a maiden, who recognizes the royalty within him.
Or young women, dark and hidden who consider themselves so.... troll like, realise that they are not the ugly duckling they have so considered themselves or been so labelled by this world, when one man has the courage to proclaim publicly to her that she has beauty deeply for him. Where once the common duckling was perceived now royal princess swan doth fly.
For these people have understood the word "intrinsic", they may not be able to explain it, support it, or even acknowledge it, but they have demonstrated it.
They touch upon something core within us all, but so rarely released. That we as a race do have value. And so dear reader, my circle is complete, for I now can observe from the objects point of view how it feels to be so desired by some one who will give their everything for you. And while human heart, can often offer yet fail to give completely, there exists one who sacrifice was so great, its very existence demonstrates the truth of the intrinsic value of us all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Efficient

Same

Connectivity