Dam

As I write, a Dam in America is under threat of bursting. Years of drought, followed by heavy rainfall has made use of the "spill lane" necessary for the first time in years, and it has failed. Authorities are warning residents in the potential flood zone and then helping them to evacuate to safer ground. The residents are taking what they can, but leaving their most expensive (not necessarily most valuable) assets, their houses, behind.

I cannot comprehend what they are going through, but I admire they are taking the warning seriously and doing something about it.

It must be hard for those carrying this warning to find their words are ignored by those who simply won't believe.I don't know the legal laws in the country, but I wonder when the authorities have the ability to force relocation. 

As one who has chosen to follow the Carpenter, I know the fate I have now avoided. Where once my life was heading towards a place without God (Hell), now my eternity is to be with God (Heaven)

My warning was from a friend who was persistent, and loving and kind. Despite many rejections, this friend kept talking to me about who Jesus was, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

It can seem a thankless task to speak of a future hope, but, if we can see the "Dam" about to burst are we not compelled by love to act.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Efficient

Same

Connectivity