Freedom

There is Dear Reader a misunderstanding about Freedom. Often is it seen as the ability to do what I want, yet is this correct? For often the supposed freedom in one area brings unexpected restriction in another. Let me explain. For the rich, who it may be argued have the freedom to buy what they want, they may find this balanced off again a life restricted by, paparazzi, or threat of kidnap, or theft. While those who life in poverty have a freedom from all these things, yet live under constant threat of starvation. Which Dear Reader is better?

My point Dear Reader is all perceived freedom comes with boundaries, in this realisation comes a release. The creator of the universe offers freedom to His followers, a freedom found under His rule. If I surrender as a slave to Him, I in turn am free. A paradox to be sure, but true none the less. I have swapped perceived freedom under rules I cannot control, to real freedom under the rules of one who can.

Consider Dear Reader, do you know this freedom?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Efficient

Same

Connectivity