GYM

At points in my life, I have been a member of a Gym. With that membership, I had the right of access to all the equipment at the place. The right of access and ability to use are two different things. I had authority to go on any machine, but for many, I had no knowledge of how to use the machine, and while often ignorance can be bliss, in some cases it could be downright dangerous with the danger of putting an unfit body into situations which cause excess strain and stress to muscles unused to such activity.
If I was to increase my ability to use the machines so my activity upon them would help my body I needed help.
It wasn't far away, like all Gym's, resident trainers are available for quick consultations, or longer-term planning and help with getting the body into shape.
In younger days I availed myself of this and was surprised to find most of the technical equipment ignored in favour of basic actions repeated under controlled conditions. It was the challenge and encouragement of the instructor which made the difference. They knew I was capable of more than my mind and body desired to go, and pushed me to find that. Their presence in this Gym made the difference. My ability started to match my right of access.

As a new believer in Jesus, I have the right of access to a victorious life in Christ, legally we are declared set right with God by his death and resurrection as soon as we accept his salvation work in a humble admission of our sinful lives. This act of Justification gives us the access to God's true future.
The right of access and ability are different things. Having lived a life confined by sin, we often find it hard on how to use our new found freedom,

1 Corinthians 10:23-24 (NIV) “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but not everything is constructive. 24 No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

In our new freedom of access, we need help, we need an expert to come alongside and show us how to properly use the freedom that Christ has bought for our life.

He is just an invitation away. The Holy Spirit is tasked with this role in our lives, it is his calling to "show us the way", to allow the new believer to strengthen their life so that freeedom brings blessing to themselves and others and to avoid costly mistakes of ignorant actions. His role is to bring us wisdom.

We as believers have a freedom, but our first and foremost action we can take with it is to ask for help, get the guide Jesus has left for us, and allow him to show us the life we desire to live in Christ and for Christ.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Efficient

Same

Connectivity