Gentle

I am blessed to live with a gentle wife, one who instructs me in love. It turns out she is not as fortunate as I.

She tells me the watering system in the front garden breaks.  I ask "What did you do?"  in an accusatory voice! She gently explains what took place, the hose coupling is many years old, it was its time, it broke.

We move to the back garden, after some time I set the hose up to water the place, and ask her to turn the tap on, I hear a yelp, "What have you done?" I accuse.

Then love happens.

Wet from the tap which just gave way and covered her dress, she smiles and teaches with gentleness and respect, "I would prefer if you asked "what happened" not "what have you done""

In one moment I am instructed, admonished and taught how to be a better servant of Christ and my wife. She is entirely right and I wrong.

With a change of one thoughtless phrase, I can learn to show love without accusation.

I have been blessed.

Later she smiles and says, as she heads to get changed, "It would be funny if the shower broke"

A few minutes later I hear a yelp from the bathroom

"What happened?" I ask


Comments

Unknown said…
She is amazing. I love her too

Popular posts from this blog

Efficient

Same

Connectivity